What you need to know
- Mojang Studios is breaking the Minecraft hiatus with two simultaenous updates rolling out to players today.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.19.22 and Minecraft Preview 188.8.131.52 both include a handful of minor changes.
- The former hotfix is now available to all players across platforms, while the Preview build is available to interested testers.
It has been over a week since the last Minecraft update, but Mojang Studios is making up for the slightly-extended absence with the simultaneous release of two builds. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition players secure a new hotfix with a few fixes in tow, while Minecraft Preview testers also enjoy a couple of fixes while Mojang Studios works on more major changes in the background.
Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.19.22 resolves some issues with Xbox cloud saves and storage, Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206 fixes a problem with textures on iOS, and both updates include the same fix for a texture-related crash. Players can install either build now, with the former rolling out to every Minecraft platform and the former available on Xbox, PC, iOS, and Android.
Minecraft is often considered to be one of the greatest games of all time, and has grown and evolved significantly since its initial debut over ten years ago. These updates are hardly exciting, but continue to improve what’s already an incredible title. It’s believed that Mojang Studios is also working on Minecraft’s next major content update, but details are currently not available.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition 1.19.22 includes:
- Fixed a crash that could occur on some devices when loading in worlds with texture packs applied
- Fixed a bug where deleting cloud synced worlds on Xbox would not delete the cloud version of the world when the player deleted the world locally
- Fixed an issue on Xbox that could cause players to see a “storage full” error despite having plenty of storage
The full changelog for Minecraft Preview 220.127.116.11 includes:
- Fixed an issue with flowing Lava and Water textures not animating on some iOS devices
Stability & performance
- Fixed a crash that would occur on some devices when loading in worlds with texture packs applied