What better way to challenge yourself in Minecraft than to spawn into a near-empty world? With minimal resources, more frequent village spawns and tons of slimes scattered around, you’ll discover an entirely different experience as you try to survive without caves and other vital resources. This guide will explain how to make a Flat world in Minecraft Java and Bedrock Editions.
How to Make a Flat World in Minecraft Java and Bedrock Editions
Depending on what Minecraft edition you’re playing, the process of creating a Superflat world will differ. However, you’ll find instructions for both as you scroll down further!
How to Make a Flat World in Minecraft Java Edition
Follow these steps to create a flat world in Minecraft Java Edition:
- Log into the Minecraft launcher, select Java Edition and start your game.
- Click Singleplayer and Create New World.
- In the World Creation Menu, go to More World Options and click through World Type until you find Superflat.
- As an optional step, select Customize to find each block layer. You can either pick a preset or delete layers here!
How to Make a Flat World in Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Follow these steps to create a flat world in Minecraft Bedrock Edition:
- Log into the Minecraft launcher, select Bedrock Edition or Minecraft for Windows and start your game.
- On the main screen, click Play, Create New and Create New World to access the World Creation Menu.
- In the World Creation Menu, head into Advanced under General and turn “Flat world” on. Just be careful since you can’t get achievements in Superflat saves!
With either option, you’ll spawn into a flat world with minimal animals. In Bedrock Edition, you can turn Bonus Chests on to generate some resources, but aside from this, you have no reliable access to essential resources until you find a village. Good luck!
Best Minecraft 1.19 Coral Reef Seeds for Bedrock and Java (September 2022)
Minecraft is available on PC, Android, iOS, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation platforms.