The Straw Golem mod for Minecraft adds a new farming companion to the game that helps players deliver ripe crops to a designated chest.
- How to Download Minecraft’s Straw Golem Mod
- How to Make a Straw Golem in Minecraft
The Straw Golem is an adorable fanmade mod in Minecraft that automates the process of harvesting produce on a farm. Like the Drones in Slime Rancher, Straw Golems are passive mobs that will only focus on their programmed task of delivering crops to a nearby chest. This chest and its farm will act as an “anchor point” for the golem, allowing them to only roam within a 24-block radius. However, Minecraft’s Straw Golem has been designed to sometimes wander out of the radius. Yet, it will rush back to its farm after it “realizes” it’s too far from its crops.
Minecraft Straw Golems have a max lifespan of seven in-game days. As time passes, the mob’s body will start to degrade, changing in color and spawning flies around its body. Fortunately, players can keep Straw Golems alive by feeding them Wheat. One sheaf of Wheat from a farm in Minecraft will extend the hay golem’s life by roughly a quarter of a day.
How to Download Minecraft’s Straw Golem Mod
To make Straw Golems in Minecraft, players will first need to download the Forge mod that adds the helpful mob into the game. Therefore, it is recommended that fans download and use Minecraft Forge to install the Straw Golem mod. Once Forge has been installed for Minecraft, visit the official website for Curseforge and search for “Straw Golem Rebaled – Forge.”
Ensure “Rebaled” is included in the title; otherwise, an outdated version of the mod will appear. Keep in mind that Forge’s Straw Golem mod was last updated September 8, 2022, so newer mods and game versions may not work properly with this mod in the future.
Players can also visit Minecraft’s Straw Golem mod page by clicking the link in the source line below!
Once installed, launch Minecraft and check to see if the Straw Golem mod works properly. This mod has been tested to work with similar farm-related Minecraft mods, such as “XL Food” and “Simple Farming.” However, players who heavily use mods might have trouble using Minecraft’s Straw Golems if an incompatibility issue exists.
How to Make a Straw Golem in Minecraft
To make a Straw Golem in Minecraft, place a hay bale block on any surface and put a Carved Pumpkin directly above it. Carved Pumpkins are made by using Sheers on a pumpkin in Minecraft. Players are advised to place a fence around the Straw Golem to ensure they do not wander too far away from their crops.
If farmers wish to have multiple chests within a Straw Golem’s radius, “shift-right clicking” the hay golem and then selecting a chest will designate it to that container. Additionally, players can use apples to lure Minecraft’s Straw Golems to a specific location.
Looking to experiment with more types of Golems in Minecraft besides Straw Golems? Check out the video from Knarfy on YouTube below, which shows off multiple different kinds of Golems and what they do!
More: Best Levels for Iron in Minecraft (1.19 Update)
Source: Straw Golem Rebaled – Forge
- Minecraft is the worldwide sandbox build-your-own-world game developed by Mojang Studios. Featuring a uniquely uniform block graphic style, Minecraft allows players to enter a procedurally generated world where they can shape what’s given to them as they see fit. Using various tools that can be found and crafted (like the diamond pickaxe), players can build towns, cities, cabins, or castles – if they can dream it, they can do it. Minecraft also features a story mode where players can either adventure alone or together and play through the game’s main story as they head to defeat the Ender Dragon – the game’s unspoken antagonist. Other modes include survival mode, where players can fight against monsters or each other as they rush to grab resources and outlast other players. The game has had several expansion packs released on multiple platforms, such as the Super Mario edition on the Nintendo Switch. Mojang and Xbox Game Studios continuously support it to this day.
- Android, iOS, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3ds
- Original Release Date:
- Mojang, Xbox Game Studios, Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Sandbox, Adventure, Open-World
- Online Co-Op, Online Multiplayer
- Single and multiplayer